Hello my friends,
I’m having some family visiting me for the weekend, I’m thinking and showing them the best of Colorado since it’s their first time here.
So, to welcome them I will be serving the most famous Colorado’s dish “The Green Chili”
I will be sharing the recipe with you and also some pictures so you can have an idea of what I’m talking about.
Making it will take you 2 hrs which will be worth the 5 minutes that it will last in front of you.
For this recipe you will need:
- 3 Anaheim chiles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into rough 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro with tender stems
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- One 16-ounce can crushed tomatillos
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Tortilla chips and lime wedges, for serving.
Heat the oil using a large pot, after this add the pork and add the cumin, cook it until it’s golden brown,